Saturday, May 10, 2014

DIY Wall Art


Hey Everyone,

    I've been having a hard time finding wall art that I like.  I've been in the process of redoing our bedroom to give it a more modern feel in contrast to the wood furniture that we have.  I recently purchased a really awesome black and gray comforter set that I and my husband could agree on (because he will not sleep on anything too girly lol).  Finding wall art for it has been slightly difficult because either I'm just being too doggone picky or I'm not looking in the right places lol.  

    Let's get to my solution.  I found some mosaic frame sets on sale at Michaels for $5!!  Of course I bought all they had because that was a crazy good deal.  It may seem excessive but I also made some for my sister.



    Next while still shopping at Michaels, I picked up some scrapbook paper that matched the black and gray comforter but in different patterns to add a little flair to the room.  All together my paper selections came about to about $2 since the paper was on sale that week.


    Now get one of the frames and take it apart very carefully as per the instructions.  It should be pretty simple to pop the glass and backing out.


Using the backing from the frame, trace and cut out the square of your first paper choice.


Now place the decorative sheet on the backing and along with the glass press it gently back into the frame.



   Repeat the process with the rest of the papers you chose.  You can also add glitter papers or cut out smaller squares to create your own unique wall art (as seen below).  



Thanks for stopping by.  Come back for more DIY crafts and fun!!



                                                                                                                  






No comments:

Post a Comment